Anthemion DialogBlocks is a sizer-based resource editor that
quickly gets you creating professional-looking dialogs, wizards and frames for deployment
on Windows, Linux, Mac or any other supported wxWidgets platform.
What can DialogBlocks help you do?
- create resizeable, portable dialogs;
- create complex wizards and property sheet dialogs;
- create frames complete with menubar and toolbar;
- create wxAUI-based layouts with docking;
- see and edit the properties for each control or sizer in a convenient, consistent
- output to C++ or XRC;
- give your dialogs context-sensitive help and tooltips;
- store image resources and convert to inline or file-based XPMs;
- edit the generated C++ code by hand, but have DialogBlocks
insert changes to the dialog;
- preview your dialogs, then quickly compile and run the application from within DialogBlocks;
- build wxWidgets from within DialogBlocks;
- migrate your old Windows RC dialogs as first-shot wxWidgets dialogs before full
What benefits will you get?
- spend minutes on your dialog UI, not hours;
- no more writing complex sizer-based layouts by hand;
- the chore of adding event handlers becomes effortless;
- it's like having your own programming assistant updating your UI code.
DialogBlocks is aimed at getting the job done quickly, and so
has keyboard shortcuts for most operations. And you can simply
double-click some controls to edit the label or default value in
a pop-up window, as a handy alternative to using the property
DialogBlocks is educational, too: there's a description
mode that gives you an English 'translation' of the
sizer settings for the selected element, as well as
a short description of the element itself. This will
make it much easier to spot mistakes and bring you
up to speed with using sizers.
DialogBlocks is available on Windows, several Linux variants, FreeBSD,
Solaris x86, and Mac (PPC and Intel). The resulting C++ and
XRC files can be used on any platform for which
wxWidgets is supported.
Subscribe to the
Anthemion Developer Tools
mailing list for discussion and information about new releases.
Download the demo for Windows or Linux, then if you like it, you can buy it
and turn your demo into a fully working version. (Note that the demo is simply the unregistered version of the latest release.)
For details of features, please see DialogBlocks Features.
Back to the DialogBlocks home page