Why not give the demo a whirl for free - then register if you like
it. When you register you get these benefits:
- UNREGISTERED is removed from the titlebar;
- you can create more than 30 dialog elements;
- no more nag screens;
- limited Windows RC import is available;
- many more features and GUI classes are available;
- you can download a free copy of ImageBlocks, a simple image converter.
Note that the demo is simply the unregistered version of the latest release.
Existing customers please note: For those with DialogBlocks 2.x or earlier, there is a small upgrade fee
for the major new features in 3.x and above. For information about upgrading, please see the FAQ.
Even if not upgrading, you can still
take advantage of bug fixes and many smaller new features by downloading the latest version.
You may wish to look at the Getting Started guide
to help you get going with DialogBlocks and wxWidgets.
You can download the previous major version of DialogBlocks here.
DialogBlocks Downloads | Other Downloads | What's New
- DialogBlocks 5.16 for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- DialogBlocks for Windows is about 6.8 MB in size. You may wish to look at the Getting Started guide
to help you get going with DialogBlocks and wxWidgets.
Windows 8/10 users: click on More info when you get the "Windows protected your PC" screen, and then click Run anyway
in the next screen.
- DialogBlocks 5.16 for Linux
- DialogBlocks for Linux is about 6 MB in size. These should work on most Linux distributions.
You may wish to look at the Getting Started guide
to help you get going with DialogBlocks and wxWidgets.
64-bit packages for recent systems, compiled on Ubuntu 18.04
With this distribution, on some systems you may also need to download
libpng16. If Jutoh does not run, search for libpng16 in your package
manager and install it.
64-bit packages for older systems, compiled on Ubuntu 8.04
With this distribution, you may also need to download the libpng12 compatibility library, as described here.
32-bit packages, compiled on Ubuntu 8.04
With this distribution, you may also need to download the libpng12 compatibility library, as described here.
You can also download a Gentoo Linux ebuild script.
You can install DialogBlocks on Gentoo with the command emerge dialogblocks.
See the FAQ for how to install DialogBlocks on Linux.
- DialogBlocks 5.16 for Mac OS X
- DialogBlocks for Mac OS X is distributed as a 32-bit universal binary for PowerPC/Intel, MacOS 10.3.9 - macOS 10.14,
and as a 64-bit binary compatible with Mac OS 10.7 and above, including macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Please see Getting Started on Mac OS X for notes on
how to set your configuration for building applications that run on 10.3.9 and above,
when compiling on Snow Leopard.
- DialogBlocks 5.16 for Raspberry Pi
- DialogBlocks for Raspberry Pi was compiled on a 32-bit Raspberry Pi 2.
You may wish to look at the Getting Started guide
to help you get going with DialogBlocks and wxWidgets.
- DialogBlocks message catalog
- If you are considering translating DialogBlocks, you can download the latest DialogBlocks message catalog, containing the translatable strings in
DialogBlocks. Please read the instructions for creating translations.
See also the Links page for other tools to use
- ImageBlocks 1.06 for Windows 98/NT/W2K/ME/XP
- ImageBlocks for Windows is about 700 KB in size. ImageBlocks requires
a registered copy of DialogBlocks. See here for
- ImageBlocks 1.06 for x64 Linux
- ImageBlocks for 64-bit Linux is about 1.5 MB in size. ImageBlocks requires a registered copy of DialogBlocks.
See here for more details.
- ImageBlocks 1.05 for i386 Linux
- ImageBlocks for 32-bit Linux is about 1.4 MB in size. ImageBlocks requires a registered copy of DialogBlocks.
See here for more details.
- ImageBlocks 1.06 for Mac OS X
- ImageBlocks for Mac OS X is about 3.4 MB in size. It's a universal binary, running
on Mac OS 10.3.9 or later, PowerPC or Intel.
- Anthemion Jutoh
- Anthemion Jutoh can help you author help files for your wxWidgets projects with a near-WYSIWYG editor. Import from HHP, Epub, DOCX, ODT, HTML,
and export to HTB, CHM, HTML, Epub, and Kindle. Creates files to allow you to show help topics from wxWidgets applications.
- Anthemion HelpBlocks
- Anthemion HelpBlocks is an HTML help authoring tool, a perfect companion to DialogBlocks.
Version 5.16, January 27th, 2020
- Now disallows menubar from being pasted into a frame that already has one, to avoid crashes.
- Added Border size and Spacer size global defaults for specifying initial border and spacer sizes.
- The project outline now shows sizer member variable names, for easier visualisation.
- Improved restoration of the main dialog editor sash position.
- Fix the crash reported by some users when changing the "Dialog units" property, especially on Windows 7, by no longer refreshing the entire dialog.
- Added a 64-bit build for Mac.
- Added an Ubuntu 18.04 build.
- Removed Cut and Delete context menu commands for 64-bit Mac since they cause crashes.
Version 5.15, December 13th, 2017
- Added missing file wizard.xpm in Elements sample.
- New elements in a dialog that is using dialog units now use default borders sizes in dialog units.
- No longer renumbers all variables in CreateControls, to reduce changes in the generated code.
- ODBC options and libraries are no longer used for wxWidgets version 2.9 and later, fixing problem with recent versions of wxWidgets that reject obsolete ODBC options.
- Made all sashes live to avoid scaling problem in Windows whereby sashes were drawn at the wrong position.
- Added position to XRC generation for dialogs and frames, if specified.
Version 5.14, May 18th, 2017
- Added dialog units option to the wizard class.
- Fixed a code generation bug that could lead to missing window identifiers in wxDLG_UNIT calls.
Version 5.13, May 11th, 2017
- XRC import implements more frame class names.
- wxCollapsiblePane now shows selection boxes around child controls.
- On Linux, the generic version of wxCollapsiblePane is used within DialogBlocks because layout is more reliable.
- Fixed a bug in the New Project Wizard whereby if dialog scrolling was enabled (e.g. because in some recent Linux distributions, wxDisplay gives erroneous size information back to DialogBlocks) data transfer would fail.
Version 5.12, December 29th, 2016
- Fixed broken font selector dialog on macOS Sierra.
- Fixed crashes when elements are moved to a wxGridBagSizer and overlap other items.
- Fixed a crash when copying a dialog that is set to use dialog units.
- Addition of support for Visual Studio version 15 (2017).
- Added "Full VC++ version" and "Full Platform SDK version" fields to Global Defaults and Setup dialog, since they are needed for makefile paths and also the platform version in VS .vcxproj files.
- Added simple auto-detection for VS 2017 based on default installation path rather than registry values, since VS no longer writes suitable values to the registry.
- Replaced text field with combobox listing all available Windows SDKs in the setup dialog.
- Added auto-detection for MSBuild.exe in VS 2017+ installation.
- Fixed winstring.h compilation error due to missing paths for recent versions of Visual Studio.
- Removed Watcom C++ and Digital Mars C++ compilers from setup dialog, since these are obsolete, and the paths can be set in Settings/Paths if required.
Version 5.11, September 22nd, 2016
- Fixed a bug on Linux whereby scrolled windows did not show element selections.
- Fixed bug when adding controls to a scrolled window whereby the selection was drawn at the wrong place.
- When editing a control label, the text is initially selected.
- When using cursor keys to navigate between elements, text values for selected properties remain focused where possible.
Version 5.10, May 27th, 2016
- Fixed lack of bold in changed fonts when wxFONTWEIGHT_BOLD is used.
- Added 14 to VC++ compiler version configuration option and global default, and made the fields editable.
- Added a PortableApps.com version.
Version 5.09, August 22nd, 2015
- Added further include and lib directories for VS 2015 (10.0.10240.0 and 10.0.10150.0 variants).
Version 5.08, June 24th, 2015
- Added better support for VS 2012, VS 2013 and VS 2015.
Version 5.07, February 16th, 2015
- Added a C++ generation setting, "Do not convert spacing in dialog units mode", to restore the pre-5.05 behaviour of not converting sizer borders to dialog units.
- Fixed a bug with wxAuiToolBar static text controls not being created in the editor window.
- Now tolerates a space before the ": public" in a class declaration which VS has a preference for.
Version 5.06, December 22nd, 2014
- Fixed a bug in flex grid sizer code where two pipe characters would be generated in the sizer flags.
Version 5.05, December 16th, 2014
- Improved dialog units mode by converting borders and text wrapping dimensions as well as positions and sizes.
- Attributes are now sorted alphabetically in PJD files, to avoid arbitrary changes that confuse version control systems.
- Removed erroneous $(SolutionDir) from VCXPROJ output.
- Corrected warning level for VC++ 10 and above.
- Fixed font selector dialog for Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
Version 5.04, April 28th, 2014
- Reassigning ids, either from the C++ Settings dialog or when creating a new element, now happens for the dialog only, not globally for the project. You can reassign identifiers to be unique project-wide by checking "Globally unique identifiers" in the reassignment dialog.
- Fixed a crash in the error message reporting an RC import failure.
- Now outputs -arch x86_64 when specifying 64-bit compilation on Mac, instead of the incorrect -arch i686.
- When generating code for versions of wxWidgets between 2.9.0 and 2.9.5, code generation for wxSpinCtrl works around an event bug in wxWidgets by emitting an empty string for the initial string value.
- Added version 12 to Visual Studio compiler controls.
- Fixed a bug whereby Visual Studio paths were not initialized correctly.
- Non-ASCII error output from compilers should no longer confuse DialogBlocks.
- Font style, weight and family identifers now use the newer forms. Use Element | Regenerate All to regenerate code that may use these identifiers.
- Now copies samples to "Documents/DialogBlocks Samples" on Linux and Mac.
- Updated wxGLCanvas constructor code generation for updated signature.
Version 5.03, January 29th, 2013
- The "Generate manifest" configuration setting now affects the EmbedManifest property in VS 2010+. If checked, the EmbedManifest won't appear in the vcxproj file since the default setting is On. In previous versions, this was hard-wired to EmbedManifest=false which can lead to spurious visual appearance on different versions of Windows.
- DialogBlocks on Linux is now dynamically linked with libpng and runs on more distributions.
Version 5.02, November 24th, 2012
- Reverted part of an efficiency measure on Windows (comparing the current buffer with the generated code in order to know whether the undo stack could be left intact) that caused poor performance when saving large source files.
Version 5.01, November 23rd, 2012
- Machine type passed to makefiles for 64-bit Visual Studio builds is now X86 instead of AMD64 for wxWidgets 2.9+, and the returned wxWidgets library directory now reflects this change.
- Jutoh adds x64 or amd64 folders to libs and compiler paths if building the application using a makefile in 64-bit mode.
- Rearranged include path order to include the build-specific resource path first and fix a problem with 64-bit binaries running due to wrongly including the x86 manifest.
- Rearranged library order to avoid gcc link errors for an application using XRC.
- Fixed paths for Windows 8 SDK.
- Added PlatformToolset tag to VS 10 and 11 project files to select the appropriate tools.
Version 5.0, November 17th, 2012
- Property editor splitter position is now updated for each element, not just the first to be shown.
- Custom controls can now be added to wxToolBar and wxAuiToolBar.
- Fixed a bug parsing underscores in XRC tooltips and help strings: underscores are now parsed as ampersands, and double-underscores should be used to represent single underscores.
- Added support for the sizer flag wxRESERVE_SPACE_EVEN_IF_HIDDEN.
- Added wxGTK+3 to the list of toolkits in the "Toolkit" configuration property.
- Added further 2.9 versions to the list of version numbers in the "Target wxWidgets version" dropdown.
- Fixed a false positive when checking for updates, due to a rounding error.
- Fixed a bug when saving editor language settings.
- Fixed a bug retrieving property values when in a non-English language mode.
- Removed unnecessary blank line between event table entries.
- Disabled Ubuntu Unity menu behaviour since it interfered with DialogBlocks operation.
- Added openSUSE Linux and Mint Linux 14 distributions.
- Bumped major version to 5 and edition to 2012 (no paid upgrade from DialogBlocks 2006 necessary).
Version 4.43, March 14th, 2012
- Variable names are now sorted in the Variables tab (new variables are added to the end until the data is redisplayed).
- Fixed bug whereby extended window style in non-top-level windows wasn't written to XRC.
- Fixed another paste problem in property editors on Linux.
- Corrected run-time library generation for Visual Studio 10.
- Removed static boxes from Variables and Events panels, to save space.
- Fixed initial splitter position in all property editor pages.
Version 4.42, December 24th, 2011
- Improved behaviour of property grid splitter; no longer keeps resetting the position when a different control is selected. The current page is also preserved when switching between controls.
- Fixed a hang when choosing a value of "True children" for wxStaticBoxSizer's "Parenting" property.
- Now adds /DwxUSE_UNICODE for ANSI builds, since this is required for wxWidgets 2.9+.
- Fixed double-paste problem in property editors on Linux.
- Omits forward declaration for templated class names.
- Removes brackets from arrays used as member variable names to avoid a syntax error.
Version 4.41, July 27th, 2011
- Help now shows in a separate window from modal dialogs on Windows as well as other platforms.
- Fixed failure to generate wxFlexGridSizer::AddGrowableRows/Col calls.
- Added "Extra dependencies" configuration property for makefiles.
- General settings controls are now grouped logically in a scrolled window.
- Added "Tools per custom palette" control in general settings.
Version 4.40, April 24th, 2011
- Fixed non-functioning Browse button for MSBuild.exe in Setup Wizard.
- Added "Parenting" property to wxStaticBoxSizer, to change code generation between creating box children as siblings, and creating them as true children.
- Copy and paste fixed inside properties, on Linux.
- Added "Reload modified sources" option to General Settings, to switch off automatic file reloading.
- bitmap, bitmap2 values in menu item XRC output now swapped.
- Fixed code generation for MDI parent window in application class.
- Now generates include for XML resources in app_resources.cpp in XRC mode.
- Fixed ordering of AddGrowableRow/Col for flex and grid bag sizers, for 2.9 compatibility.
- Fixed crash when initialising custom control based on a static text control.
- Fixed an intermittent memory bug when rebuilding.
- Added better validity test for applocation class name in new project wizard.
- Now compiled with wxWidgets 2.8.12, which should fix a few bugs such as Linux menubar problems with Unity.
- The bundle version now contains wxWidgets 2.8.12 and the TDM-GCC web installer.
Version 4.39, September 10th, 2010
- Added "Use wxRegEx" option for GCC configurations.
- Added Windows-only wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER style for wxComboBox.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2010 project file generation (set compiler version to 10).
- Added MSVC100DIR and MSBUILDDIR variables, and removed MSVC80EXPRESSDIR and MSVC90EXPRESSDIR.
- Paths are now sorted in the Paths page, apart from WXWIN which is always first.
- On Windows, the Setup Wizard now finds all available Visual Studio installations, sets all the MSVCxxxDIR paths, and sets the current compiler to be the most recent Visual Studio release. Changing the compiler version in the Setup Wizard sets the MSVCDIR path to the relevant path, if found on the user's system.
- Added the global default property "VC++ version" (Settings/Global Defaults) and this is now set by the Setup Wizard; the "Compiler version" configuration property can now be set to %AUTO% to use the current global compiler value. This means that it should no longer usually be necessary to edit the compiler version for VC++ Project configurations.
- Fixed image inclusion duplication bug.
- Fixed a bug whereby changes in the selected property were lost if switching to a different element.
- Fixed a bug whereby quotes were not added to string arguments for custom controls.
- Fixed bugs in code generation for wxComboBox and wxChoice-derived custom controls.
Version 4.38, May 30th, 2010
- Added "Generate manifest" option for the Visual Studio configuration, to allow disabling the manifest creation.
- Fixed a problem with the New Dialog dialog (base classes not being shown).
- Standard configurations now initialise the Unicode mode correctly for non-Unicode configurations.
- No longer leaves namespace colons in newly generated identifiers.
- Suppressed auto-scrolling when children are focused, since this can get annoying.
Version 4.37, March 8th, 2010
- Static bitmap control no longer resets its size when loading, after the user sets the size to -1, -1.
- When deriving from wxComboBox, the value parameter is now passed to the base class constructor.
- The Platform property is now written to the XRC file even if not recognised by DialogBlocks.
- Added "Enable .sln generation" to allow disabling of solution file generation.
- wxMediaCtrl editor support is now enabled on all platforms, but may not show an actual media control on all platforms.
- On Windows, samples are now copied to the user's documents folder under DialogBlocks Samples, to avoid permissions problems when compiling on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Version 4.36, December 14th 2009
- Corrected bug whereby setup wizard was never shown after first DialogBlocks session.
- -arch flags no longer written erroneously to non-Mac makefiles.
- Eliminated spurious variable expansion warning when generating makefiles.
- No longer warns about the lack of a main window if using wxAppConsole.
- Clarified prompt for WXWIN variable value.
Version 4.35, November 17th 2009
- Changing "Minimum OS version" to 10.4 or 10.3 changes the GCC version to 4.0,
to simplify configuration on Mac.
- Makefiles for VC++ projects now put Platform SDK headers and libraries first in case the user is overriding the standard SDK.
- If the application class derives from wxAppConsole, DialogBlocks now generates IMPLEMENT_APP_CONSOLE.
- Fixed a crash when invoking further help from Elements panel.
- Added a 22x22 icon on Linux to avoid missing icon in GNOME menu.
- Added wxITEM_DROPDOWN kind for toolbar buttons (wxWidgets 2.9+ only).
- Added "Tab level" to wxTreebook pages to allow for nested items, and implemented XRC import/export for wxTreebook.
- Now inserts stub OnRun function into console application code.
- Fixed a crash when changing border styles in AUI notebook page, for example, due to the refresh of the editor within a selection event.
Version 4.34, October 10th 2009
- Converts backslashes to forward slashes when writing relative C data filenames.
- Fixed font inheritance in editor.
- Corrected code generation for AUI Caption property (no translation).
- Added "Top-level class" option to Elements panel.
- Added "Use compact palette" to General Settings in order to control
whether the smaller palette (using a drop-down instead of tabs) is used.
- To save space, removed the top-level tabs Document, Reference and Support; the built-in help system is now shown within the main window and can be closed or undocked if required.
- Added "Support" menu command to the Help menu, to replace the old Support tab. This simply invokes the default web browser with the DialogBlocks support page instead of using a built-in browser.
- Fixed a bug generating separate symbol file when generating C++ for XRC.
- Fixed refresh of custom controls when loading or merging.
- Changed optimization from -O to -O2 for MinGW and GCC compiles to avoid compile error when using wxWidgets 2.9.
- Added "Linker command" configuration option and used it in makefile generation.
- For the GCC configuration, the "C++ command", "C command" and "Linker command" options now get passed to configure if explicitly specified.
- Added further architecture options to "Processor type" and removed the "Use Universal binaries" option (existing project files are converted on loading if this option was used). Specifying the appropriate architecture on Mac should now be easier.
- Added support for compiling with wxWidgets 2.9.1 and above, removing debug suffixes from paths if the wxWidgets version is set correctly in C++ Generation Settings.
- Improved the configuration property editor by grouping by category.
- Added options for enabling and disabling wxAUI, wxRibbonControl, wxHTML, wxSTC, XRC and wxPropertyGrid.
- Now passes --libs all (2.9+) or --libs std to wx-config instead of enumerating all libraries.
- Fixed support for compiling wxOSX/Carbon and wxOSX/Cocoa in wxWidgets 2.9.
- Removed some spurious error messages for GCC compilation (especially on Mac).
- Changed the default "Unicode mode" value to Unicode from ANSI.
- Added missing events for wxHtmlWindow.
- Corrected scrollbar command event class.
- Removed erroneous generation of event handler declaration for parent of a window that's associated with a menu event source.
- Added wxBORDER_THEME border style.
Version 4.33, July 6th 2009
- Added ability to create data from binary image files, such as PNGs, and include the data in source files. "Image mode" replaces the old "Generate XPM" option.
- Added "GUI with console" to possible values of "GUI" configuration property. This option won't cause the GUI to be disabled, but will allow a console to be created on Windows.
- Added Restore File Associations to general settings (Windows only).
- No longer checks global setup.h before building with GCC, since this is generated per-configuration.
- GCC configuration now uses $(shell) syntax to invoke wx-config, to show the flags being used.
- Corrected EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BG_DCLICK event table entry name (was EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BG_CLICK).
- Now exports and imports XRC list items without doing underscore translation.
- Fixed crash relating to adding tools to elements with no intervening sizers.
- Added wxAuiToolBar to list of top-level windows you can create using the Add Window command.
- imaglist.h now included in the source file for various controls that need it.
- Integrity checking now warns if AUI layout conflicts with default layout if there's only
one child of a top-level window.
- Added wxOSX/Cocoa, wxOSX/Carbon toolkit targets.
Version 4.32, May 26th 2009
- Fixed crash problem when importing a notebook from XRC.
- Changed the "Use wxMediaCtrl" default to No, since it can require extra uninstalled libraries.
- For MinGW configurations, when "GUI mode" is set to Console it now outputs -mconsole instead of -mwindows.
- Fixed a bug introduced into 4.30 when adding a spacer to a window with no parent.
- Possible fix for crash on Windows when clearing AUI checkbox (cannot reproduce but is related to processing pending events, so this is now done before changing AUI status).
- Now tests for the presence of Makefile, not config.log, in order to determine whether a wxWidgets configure succeeded.
- Fixed a crash when using the About button in the new project configurations dialog, for VC++ Project configurations.
- Added "Generate virtual event handlers" option to C++ code generation page, to add the virtual keyword to event handler declarations for those who want to override functions in a derived class.
- Reorganized the C++ code generation page to clarify which are per-project and which are per-element.
- Added "Selection" colour style to the editor customisation, for choosing the selection text and background colouring. Also added "Brace highlight", "Brace mismatch", and "Margin" styles.
- Added Paste command to paste member variables from an element on the internal clipboard.
Version 4.31, May 14th 2009
- Added EVT_GRID_CELL_CHANGED and EVT_GRID_CELL_CHANGING events for wxWidgets 2.9.
- Made wxMINIMIZE and wxMAXIMIZE frame styles mutually exclusive.
- Added wxWS_EX_BLOCK_EVENTS style to wxWizard.
- Fixed a problem whereby the children of hidden book controls didn't get tab labels and icons.
- Fixed a long-standing bug on Mac where building stopped working after several builds, and
toolbar buttons failed to work or update. This was related to a bug in wxMac's wxListCtrl event processing.
- Added "Use wxMediaCtrl", "Use wxRichTextCtrl" and "Libiconv path" configuration settings.
Version 4.30, April 17th 2009
- Added support for wxAuiToolBar. Supports label and spacer items - use wxStaticText and sizer spacer commands for these. Control labels can be supplied by setting the "Help text" property. Only C++ generation is supported, not XRC, since there is currently no XRC handler for wxAuiToolBar.
- Added support for unchecked menu item bitmap (Windows only).
- Fixed configuration drop-down control after toolbar customisation.
- Fixed a crash bug related to showing the Customise toolbar context menu.
- Fixed duplicate symbol generation in C++ for XRC mode.
- Fixed erroneous insertion of wxHyperLinkCtrl instead of wxSearchCtrl using Elements menu.
- Empty strings are now output as wxEmptyString.
- XRC element "scrollrate" is now output and imported.
- Fixed a bug searching for the end of a function to delete, when the terminating brace is not at the start of the function.
- "Rows" property in grid and flex grid sizer now defaults to zero so it's calculated by wxWidgets, since a mismatch between specified value and actual value causes an assertion in wxWidgets 2.9 and above.
- Now cleans up autosave file after the project file is manually saved, and doesn't leave backups of the autosave file.
- Filtered invalid characters from suggested filenames in new dialog and application class dialogs.
- Fixed a bug whereby a spurious leading comma could be generated in identifier enum sections, if only standard identifiers are found before the first unique identifier.
- Fixed a bug whereby an AUI child would lose its AUI properties when hidden.
- Added -Wno-write-strings to GCC and MinGW flags.
- Added wxCP_DEFAULT_STYLE to wxCollapsibePane.
- First new menu item gets ID_MENUITEM identifier, not ID_MENU.
- If an OnPaint handler is using Connect, generated wxPaintDC code now uses the event object instead of 'this' since otherwise the wrong window is used.
- Replaced use of wxEffects class with inline texture drawing code, since wxEffect is deprecated in 2.9.
Version 4.29, January 12th 2009
- Further registration dialog fix for non-ASCII characters - now tries ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 encoding conversions since either might be supplied to the user.
- Fixed function name control in Event Editor becoming writable.
- When an element is copied and pasted, the class used for a given existing event handler is reset to the current class, if only one class is available.
- Fixed bug in element sorting.
- Now adds --gl_libs in GCC builds if OpenGL mode is on.
- Added wrap XRC property to wxStaticText.
- Added wxLC_NO_SORT_HEADER property to wxListCtrl.
- Fixed a crash bug when changing certain properties in a custom control with children.
- Now removes spaces from suggested class and filenames in the New Project wizard's application class page.
- Implemented CFG for GCC as well as Windows compiler configurations; appends the value of CFG to the wxWidgets and project build paths.
- No longer saves "created" property in .pjd for each element.
- Added XRC support for wxFilePickerCtrl, wxDirPickerCtrl and wxColourPickerCtrl.
- Fixed wxStdDialogButtonSizer import from XRC.
- Fixed wxStatusBar name/identifier import from XRC.
- No longer writes dialog/frame/panel size to XRC if "Fit to content" is enabled, and when importing from XRC, uses default size to determine the "Fit to content" setting.
- Fixed "Centre" XRC output for frames.
- Fixed toolbar creation code double-generation when the toolbar code is in separate files.
- Fixed error message when renaming implementation or header files; now edits are saved and the file is renamed.
Version 4.28, November 13th 2008
- Added Sort Children to context menus, to sort dialogs and other children of the selected folder.
- Added --makefiles command-line switch to regenerate makefiles in non-interactive mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the Documents tab to be selected after activating the main window.
- Fixed bug whereby variable selection was reset when scrolling in Variables window.
- When auto-saving, no longer clears the current property window selection.
- If a project has specified creation of a zip archive or generation of C++ from XRC resources, the --generate command will cause this to be created.
- Variable expansion is done before compiler path checking, to avoid spurious alerts when using variables such as %DIALOGBLOCKSDIR% within DialogBlocks path settings.
- The function name field in Event Handlers is now read-only, and you can change the name by clicking on the Edit button or double-clicking on the function name field. This fixes function renaming glitches that can happen when you are editing the name, particularly if you have pasted it from another location before renaming.
- Now takes DBPROJECTS path into account when prompting to open an existing DialogBlocks project.
- Removed accidental mutual exclusivity of wxTE_MULTILINE and wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER.
- Fixed registration with a user name that contains accents.
- Fixed a problem going to a child element when clicking on a compile error.
- Added element identifier to label in Variables and Event Handlers panels.
- Fixed a bug whereby code was not regenerated after variable edits for child elements such as wizard pages that don't have separate files.
- Added "Extra compile flags" to all configurations for adding verbatim C++ flags.
- Now searches whole project for resources such as standalone menus.
Version 4.27, September 24th 2008
- When generating makefiles, now adds quotation marks to dependencies containing spaces.
- Added back debug information to the Windows version that went missing in the last version (making debug reports useless).
- Fixed a bug whereby Floating Card Editor window edits were not saved.
- Fixed a bug that created spurious columns on control-clicking over empty space in card wrap mode.
- No longer allows a negative stretch factor, since it can cause a crash.
- "Add all images" in Resources preferences now adds all images to the XRC file as separate objects.
- Corrected extraction of values to symbol filename broken in last release.
- For non-top-level but independent classes, wxWindowID now gets updated in the header if it is changed.
- Added detection for recent Microsoft Platform SDKs when running the Setup Wizard.
- Added Eee PC launcher icon.
- Worked around crash on exit on some Eee PCs.
- Updated bundle to include wxWidgets 2.8.9 and MinGW 5.1.4.
- Fixed a problem with initial Settings dialog size.
Version 4.26, July 14th 2008
- Fixed checking for VC++ paths if MSVCDIR is empty.
- Added "C Command" configuration property and enabled GCC and MinGW makefiles for C files.
- Duplicate source files are now removed from makefile.
- Doesn't regenerate implementation now if custom parameters are added to CreateControls().
- The "Linker flags" configuration property is now passed to VC++ project files.
- Corrected a problem with the wxChoice constructor when used for derived classes.
- Corrected ordering of SetSheetStyle/Create calls in wxPropertySheetDialog so the correct book control is created.
- Ensured property editing is finished before an item is moved or deleted.
- Added missing wxToggleButton styles.
- Added sizer commands to drop-down sizer menu above property menu, in case toolbar buttons are obscured.
- Corrected Mac src/osx/carbon path if wxWidgets version is set to 2.9.0 or greater.
- Fixed clipboard-related delays on wxGTK by enabling the Paste command unconditionally.
- Fixed problem whereby the code editors would be initially scrolled horizontally by a few columns on Linux.
- Fixed spurious docking behaviour when moving undocked frames on wxGTK.
- Now checks for array access in variable names and doesn't declare the name in the class.
- Now allows label syntax such as =_T("My label") to override translation setting. See "How to work with label strings" for more information.
- The bundle now contains wxWidgets 2.8.8.
Version 4.25, May 2nd 2008
- Pasting now preserves the identifier name and value if the identifier name is not already taken in the same top-level element.
- Added Check for Updates menu command.
- All window classes are now declared with DECLARE_DYNAMIC_CLASS.
- Project files now respect the native platform line ending.
- Added Use Name property option to XRC settings, to use the Name or Member variable name property instead of Id name when generating name XRC attributes.
- Added Generate for XRCed option to XRC settings that adds special tags for pywxrc to generate event handlers.
- Added support for "Post-build command" and "Pre-Link command" properties for VC++ 6 project files.
- Fixed a crash bug relating to picker control focus.
Version 4.24, March 26th 2008
- Added RC import support for wxGauge, wxListCtrl, and wxTreeCtrl.
- Replaced the generic multiple choice dialog for RC and XRC import with one with Check All and Clear All buttons.
- RC import of bitmaps and icons now copies the images to the project.
- XRC preview now correctly sets the client size, not the overall size.
- RC and XRC import resources now sorted before user selection.
- Fixed a crash when checking for project problems before build.
- Fixed a crash relating to file and directory picker controls (a wxWidgets bug in picker event handling).
- Description window above properties given a better minimum size to avoid window resizing problems.
- Creation of windows in OnInit and event handlers now omits identifier since a default value is supplied.
Version 4.23, February 29th 2008
- Added option to switch between tabbed and single-page property editor style.
- Added compiler version 9 (VS 2008).
- Generating C++ resources for XRC now takes into account disabled toolbar bitmaps.
- Now attempts to load old-style project files using ISO-8859-1 if UTF-8 fails.
- Changed the DialogBlocks window title to include project and document names.
- Configurations can now be disabled to stop them generating makefiles or project files.
Version 4.22, January 21st 2008
- Added "Suppress source rules" configuration option to allow custom rules in makefiles.
- Added check for out-of-range identifiers in analysis tool.
- Now updates the class drop-down list in the event handler editor when changing the "External implementation" property.
- Source file filter now uses * instead of *.* to allow files without extensions to be added.
- No longer prompts for WXWIN if "Use installed wxWidgets" is set.
- When importing from XRC, empty labels are now retained.
- Fixed a bug scrolling the property grid with a selected item.
- Fixed a bug whereby grid and span properties were added to the wrong property page, for children of wxGridBagSizer.
- Standard wxWidgets colour identifiers now supported in XRC import/export and code generation.
- Fixed XRC import and export of sysfont tag.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-string values were quoted in custom control construction.
- Fixed a bug whereby member variables were not initialised if the window associated with the variable had its own files.
- Fixed a bug whereby file changes could be lost when switching to a different element.
- Added "SDK path" and "Minimum OS version" properties to GCC configurations, to generate appropriate flags when making universal binaries on Mac.
- Added "Info.plist location" and "Icns location" properties for overriding the defaults on Mac OS X.
- More improvements for small displays.
- Wizards now scroll on small displays.
Version 4.21, December 24th 2007
- Improved wxHtmlListBox/wxSimpleHtmlListBox importing.
- Fixed a problem on Linux when deleting variables.
- Added scrollbars to variable editor and event handler panes.
- Made the list of available character encodings more complete.
- Reads RC file using source encoding, and the RC file selector now specifies multiple files. All resources are initially selected for import.
- Dialog previews now scroll if the display is not large enough. To make your own dialogs scroll automatically, you will need to use wxScrolledDialog and wxScrolledPropertySheetDialog available from http://www.anthemion.co.uk/code/scrollingdialog.zip.
Version 4.20, November 30th 2007
- Further adaptations to small screens.
- Changed the debug report screen to encourage people to describe the context of the crash.
Version 4.19, November 23rd 2007
- Added optional labels to the main toolbar, and a Customise Toolbars command.
- Added Show Tool Bar and Show Statusbar commands.
- Added Full Screen toggle (F11).
- Adaptations made to dialogs and main window elements to conserve display space
when running on small screens (600 pixels high or less). When a small screen is
detected, element titles are not shown under the Documents tab, the palette notebook
is replaced by a choicebook, and the element editor notebook is replaced by a smaller
- Fixed an infinite recursion problem when finding dependencies.
- DialogBlocks no longer gives a path warning when using the Vista SDK location for the compiler.
- wxStaticText::Wrap() is now called after font setting.
- Renamed default function for EVT_TEXT to On...TextUpdated to fix similarity with UI update function name.
- Can now have arbitrary arrays as properties of custom controls, by specifying the custom array type name for Type
and stringlist for Editor.
- Improved borders on Windows.
- Now restores cursor position when reloading file in non-dialog source editor.
- Generated code for bitmap tiling now tests that the bitmap is valid to avoid infinite looping.
- Fixed a bug pasting a wxAuiNotebook into a wxSplitterWindow.
- Compiled with wxWidgets 2.8.7, with a few minor fixes including compensating for a background display in older versions of the GTK-Qt theme engine,
better sizing of dialogs on small screens under X11, and Mac OS 10.5 adaptations.
- Added a .deb distribution.
Version 4.18, November 1st 2007
- Added debug reporting under Windows: if DialogBlocks crashes, the user can choose to send a report to Anthemion to
help identify the problem.
- Fixed some wxAUI-related crashes.
- File dialog for adding source files now shows implementation and header files simultaneously.
- Added "Use identifier name for generated SetName" option in C++ Settings.
- Fixed a bug generating custom control identifiers (e.g. for Connect calls) when the custom control is based on an existing control.
Version 4.17, October 11th 2007
- DialogBlocks now generates range and initial value for wxSpinButton.
- Removed wxWizardPage from the list of classes that can be created as top-level elements, since this is not currently implemented.
- Corrected code generation for wxRichTextCtrl library files for non-wx-config GCC makefiles.
- Added new wxAuiNotebook events added in wxWidgets 2.8.5.
- Fixed event sources code generation, and duplicate event handlers.
- Added Event sources property to more window elements, and made it possible to edit in the multiline text editor.
Version 4.16, September 28th 2007
- Element panel "Use these defaults" checkbox now correctly reflects the state of the current selected element.
- Added --local-settings switch to store all settings and application files in the application directory, to make
DialogBlocks portable between machines.
- Added CFG configuration property to Windows compiler configurations, to allow libraries to be compiled with different
versions of a compiler, for example. The value of CFG is passed to the makefile.
- Added a path for each major version of VC++, to avoid switching MSVCDIR if you have multiple versions of the compiler.
DialogBlocks will look at the specific path first, depending on the value of "Compiler version" in the configuration, and then MSVCDIR.
- Added "8 (Express)" setting for "Compiler version" in VC++ Project configurations.
- No longer closes all projects when creating a new project, if the multiple projects setting is checked.
- Fixed bug with editor sash position not being restored properly.
- Fixed code generation bug in wxAuiNotebook whereby GetBitmapResource was being used when GetIconResource return the page icon.
- Added checks to avoid invalid grid bag sizer values.
- Fixed an infinite loop when invalid characters are entered into a property and the focus is changed.
- Now writes the dontattachtoframe XRC attribute if a toolbar is a child of an AUI container.
- Fixed a bug with finding the RC file within project.
- Now doesn't add the C++ XRC file to the makefile if there were no XRC filenames and therefore no corresponding C++ file to generate (fixes spurious C++ file in makefile problem).
- Now does AUI Update() recursively in preview so nested AUI layouts are updated.
- Moved the resource archive settings to the Resources page.
- Added "Generate id tag" option to XRC Settings page, to record identifier values. DialogBlocks will also read these values when importing from XRC. (This is a non-standard usage and the tags will be ignored by wxXRC.)
- Recompiled Linux version on wxWidets 2.8.6, elminating wxSpinCtrl bug.
- Bundle on Windows now contains wxWidgets 2.8.6.
Version 4.15, August 22nd 2007
- Added switcher dialog when pressing Ctrl+Tab on Windows, Ctrl+/ on Linux, and Alt+Tab on Mac.
- The -g option now generates XRC for individual windows as documented.
- wxLB_HSCROLL is no longer mutually exclusive with vertical scrolling styles.
- Added Name property for the window name (C++ generation only, since Id name is used for the window name
for XRC output).
- Added a Comment field for variables; the comment is appended to the declaration.
- Corrected a crash bug when wxStatusBar is a top-level window.
- Corrected tab traversal in a number of DialogBlocks dialogs, and for property grid.
- Accelerators for inserting elements are now Ctrl + Alt + a key, to avoid clashes with other accelerators.
- Dialogs are now created with wxTAB_TRAVERSAL on by default.
- Fixed hanging when Watcom compile failed by suppressing file deletion prompts.
- Added -i flag to overwrite read-only files.
- No longer loses the focus in the project outline when navigating towards a wxPropertySheetDialog element.
- Fixed a crash bug on recent versions of Ubuntu due to a wrong GDK API use now fixed in wxWidgets SVN.
- Fixed display and application of defaults in the Elements panel.
- Separated project folder and name in the New Project Wizard.
Version 4.14, July 30th 2007
- Reduced flicker when changing wxAuiNotebook page properties.
- Fixed a duplication bug generating wxAuiManager member variable.
- Added wxNO_BORDER style to wxBitmapButton.
- Enabled wxMenu for submenu creation.
- Added data transfer properties for wxButton and wxStaticBitmap.
- Fixed a problem affecting some Linux systems (Ubuntu in particular),
in the New Window dialog when generating filenames from the window title/class name.
Version 4.13, July 21st 2007
- Fixed the "Make Unicode strings source-friendly" option to actually take effect.
- Fixed a bug with the ShowToolTips() code generation fix.
- Now regenerates Visual Studio project files whether or not the relevant configuration is currently selected.
- Help filename separators are now replaced with forward slashes.
Version 4.12, July 20th 2007
- DialogBlocks now allows arbtrary window classes to be added to the Windows
section, without first being added to a dialog or panel. Use Add Window
in the Elements menu or drop-down menu on the toolbar.
- Added Analyze and Set Up DialogBlocks tasks to Tasks palette.
- Added Tasks menu.
- Added Add Function task.
- Added Global Defaults page to the settings dialog, to allow you to
specify initial values when creating projects and top-level elements.
- Added ability to specify a bitmap texture to be applied to a dialog
or panel background. Add a paint handler to complete the code generation.
- Added code generation for online help. See "How to add online help"
- Suppressed log message when checking for installed compilers.
- Now builds and possibly runs project after building wxWidgets,
instead of the user needing to wait for the wxWidgets build to end
and then rebuild the project.
- Can now use the syntax "image.ext#xpmname_xpm" wherever bitmaps and
icons are used, to specify a different XPM name from the filename.
- Can also use "image.ext$alias" to use an alias instead of the filename
when retrieving a bitmap and inside the GetBitmapResource() function.
- Implemented gravity for wxSplitterWindow in XRC.
- Fixed a code generation bug in actions when generating C++ for XRC
(missing XRCID macro).
- Corrected a problem calling ShowToolTips() from an arbitrary derived class's
- Improved wxPropertySheetDialog XRC export in preparation for its XRC handler.
- Fixed generation of scroll events for non-independent elements.
- Added "Pre-build command", "Post-build command" and "Pre-link command" properties
to Visual C++ Project configurations.
- Now puts the correct bytes at the start of Visual Studio solution files.
- Echos the linker line in VC++ makefiles in order to make it easier to troubleshoot problems.
- Now regenerates out of date VC++ project files when the DialogBlocks project is saved.
- Unicode strings are emitted in hex if necessary, to allow embedding Unicode strings into
source. This is controlled by the project-wide C++ Generation setting "Make Unicode strings source-friendly".
Version 4.11, July 4th 2007
- Fixed a bug in constructor signature generation leaving parts of default arguments.
- Fixed a bug causing compile error lines to be lost if non-ASCII characters are present in the source code.
- Fills in filenames automatically when checking "Separate files" property.
- Fixed a wxAUI code generation bug (missing AUI pin button in generated code).
- Added a drop-down menu button to palettes.
- Large numbers of custom controls are now split across multiple palettes.
- Fixed a hang bug on Mac when checking for externally-updated source file documents.
- Corrected a problem with custom controls losing their properties when moved or copied.
- Added wxALWAYS_SHOW_SB style.
- Added wxSearchCtrl.
- Removed Dialog from New Document dialog, since there are other ways of creating
- Added the ability to create a data class containing variables, to separate the data
from the window implementation. The new properties are on a separate Data Transfer tab.
See "How to implement data transfer".
- Added a Tasks item to the tool palette, currently with a single task, for setting
up data transfer.
Version 4.10, June 15th 2007
- Changed the suggested application class filenames to be consistent with the class name.
- Moved the 'all' target higher up in the makefiles, to make it the default target.
- The output directory is now created from the configuration name to reduce clashes.
- Added a tabbed palette of elements to replace the drop-down menus.
- Added an analysis tool for checking problems in your project and making suggestions.
- Fixed a crash in reference window options dialog on Windows.
- Added custom command keywords suffixed with BASE to denote the file without the extension.
- The Debug Project command can now invoke the Visual Studio debugger for the given configuration.
- Fixed a bug restoring the synchronous flag for custom commands.
Version 4.09, May 31st 2007
- Application filename now honours case preservation option.
- Fixed a problem with dependency generation when include files are specified relative to the source file.
- In GetBitmap/IconResource, now generates wxBITMAP_TYPE_BMP/ICO_RESOURCE type for image names with no extension.
- New VC++ Project configurations now honour the version found by the setup wizard.
- wxGenericDirCtrl constructor and Create function code generation fixed.
- Fixed file and dir picker event names.
- Now regenerates all of the makefiles in Regenerate All command.
- Fixed a crash when trying to paste after the root of the project.
- You can now check all the configurations that you wish a property edit to apply to.
- Fixed an infinite recursion problem when substituting variables.
- Now supports environment variables specified in the DialogBlocks WXWIN variable.
- Naming an identifier after the member variable name now happens when reassigning
identifiers as well as when typing the member variable name.
- When naming identifiers after the member variable name, if neither prefix nor suffix
is specified, ID_ is prepended to avoid name clashes.
- Changed the way XRC is specified in the New Project wizard and XRC Generation setting dialog
so the user can specify that C++-specific code generation and prompts are kept to a minimum.
Version 4.08, April 30th 2007
- DialogBlocks no longer allows sizers to be added to an AUI-managed window since this causes crashes.
- New property editor honours property colouring setting.
- Fixed a crash when checking a non-existent setup.h file.
- Renamed wxTE_LINEWRAP to wxTE_CHARWRAP in wxTextCtrl properties.
- Fixed a problem loading XRC file into editor.
- Fixed bugs importing a wxPanel from an XRC file - empty title is now
preserved, and the window kind is set appropriately so the generated XRC
has the correct class.
- Fixed a bug creating a wxDirPickerCtrl.
- Fixed a crash on Linux when creating a wxColourPickerCtrl.
- wxBK_... styles are used in XRC as well as C++ generation for wxWidgets 2.7 and above.
- Added set and kill focus events to basic events.
- Corrected a code generation bug in bitmaps passed to wxAuiNotebook::AddPage.
- Added option to preserve generate filename case instead of making the names lower case.
- Fixed double generation of GetAuiManager() accessor when a non-independent AUI manager element is a child
of a frame.
- DialogBlocks now uses "Header filename" property as the file to include, if present.
- Now saves application class sources before build.
- Added ability to customise function comments and C++ header and implementation file preambles.
Version 4.07, April 6th 2007
- Fixed a bug preventing output window sizing on Mac.
- Fixed an encoding conversion bug.
- Added Restore Default Layout command to the View menu for when windows
accidentally get messed up.
Version 4.06, March 26th 2007
- Fixed dialog and top-level panel AUI updating.
- Added Setup Wizard.
Version 4.0-4.05, March 19th 2007
Main new features for version 4:
- DialogBlocks is compiled with wxWidgets 2.8.
- DialogBlocks now uses a property grid to edit element properties instead of regular grid, and divides properties into Basic,
Class, Sizer, Size and AUI.
- DialogBlocks uses AUI for its own layout, so there is more flexibility in arranging windows (but windows cannot yet be undocked).
To avoid a conflict with AUI behaviour, DialogBlocks' own docking facility for showing documents in separate windows has been removed.
- AUI features: any container window, including dialog, frame and panel, can have an AUI manager associated with it. Direct descendants of
an AUI manager window have further AUI properties, which control how the panes are added to the manager.
- Further elements are available: wxAuiNotebook, wxCollapsiblePane, wxFontPicker, wxColourPicker, wxFilePicker, wxDirPicker, wxToolbook, wxTreebook, wxRichTextCtrl, wxHtmlListBox, wxSimpleHtmlListBox, wxComboCtrl, wxOwnerDrawnComboBox, wxBitmapComboBox, wxHyperLinkCtrl and wxMediaCtrl.
- DialogBlocks can now derive a class for any control. For abstract classes with pure virtual functions, DialogBlocks will generate stubs for these functions.
If you add an element that must have a derived class, you will be prompted for the class name and C++ filenames.
- Added an Element Catalogue to DialogBlocks, as an alternate way to create sizers and windows, using a tree of all elements instead of menus.
From this pane you can also choose defaults for common properties such as size, border and alignment, on a per-element basis.
- Added context menu to multi-document tab area with Close Document command.
- Fixed parenting in code generation for wxCollapsiblePanel children.
- Fixed DialogBlocks toolbar and status bar problems on Mac.
- Fixed lack of direct entry in bitmap and icon properties.
Click on Historical Release Notes for details about older releases.
Back to the DialogBlocks home page